Many of us turn to wellness to feel good and find meaning in a chaotic and confusing world. But a wellness that only serves "some of us" serves none of us. The wellness we are so desperately seeking is only possible through a practice of radical responsibility that goes beyond self help to collective care. It the deepest kind of detox - one that tackles a culture rooted in perfectionism, white supremacy and individualism and demands a new paradigm of personal and societal wellness - one that unlocks our personal and collective potential.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
The American Detox Book Club is an invitation to go through this journey of awakening, detoxing and recovering in community. Bolstered with reflection prompts and exercises, participants will be encouraged to reflect on what’s in the way of our wellbeing and what’s possible. Together, we’ll explore questions like:
- What has colonization cost you?
- What were you taught about entitlement?
- What is your relationship to perfection?
- What does it mean to be “well” in a toxic world?
- What is your right role and responsibility in bringing forth justice and wellbeing for all?
Over the course of your experience, members will get the following to support their journey:
Custom video practices to accompany each chapter
Reflection questions that invite you to go deeper
Resources for on-going learning
Discussion guide for book club hosts
HOW THE BOOK CLUB WORKS
1. Save your seat
2. Pre-order your book so that it arrives in time for the book club!
3. Invite your friends to join along
4. Being your journey with video practices, journaling prompts, action resources and more.