Many of us turn to wellness to feel good and find meaning in a chaotic and confusing world. But a wellness that only serves "some of us" serves none of us. The wellness we are so desperately seeking is only possible through a practice of radical responsibility that goes beyond self help to collective care. It the deepest kind of detox - one that tackles a culture rooted in perfectionism, white supremacy and individualism and demands a new paradigm of personal and societal wellness - one that unlocks our personal and collective potential.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
The American Detox Book Club is an invitation to go through this journey of awakening, detoxing and recovering in community. Bolstered with reflection prompts and exercises, participants will be encouraged to reflect on what’s in the way of our wellbeing and what’s possible. Together, we’ll explore questions like:
- What has colonization cost you?
- What were you taught about entitlement?
- What is your relationship to perfection?
- What does it mean to be “well” in a toxic world? What is your right role and responsibility in bringing forth justice and wellbeing for all?
Over the course of 30 days, members will get the following to support their journey:
Custom video practices to accompany each chapter
Reflection questions that invite you to go deeper
Resources for on-going learning
Live community conversations with Kerri and special guests
HOW THE BOOK CLUB WORKS
1. Save your seat
2. Invite your friends to join along
3. Pre-order your book so that it arrives in time for the book club!
4. Utilize practices, journaling prompts and resources that accompany each chapter
5. Join LIVE community conversation sessions with special guests
6. Pay it forward by taking your practice into action
A blueprint for collective wellness.
–Valarie Kaur, Sikh activist and bestelling author of See No Stranger
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kerri is the founder of CTZNWELL, a movement that is democratizing wellbeing for all. A descendant of generations of firemen and first responders, Kerri has dedicated her life to kicking down doors and fighting for justice. She’s been teaching yoga for over 20 years and is known for making waves in the wellness industry by challenging norms, disrupting systems and mobilizing people to act.